Pages

Thursday, June 21, 2012

Hectic, but fun

Life's been a little hectic here in India, so I'm taking it easy on the blog posts. Each day is filled with lessons, Bible study, prayer and fellowship. Rainy seaon's started too, so I'm a bit tired. Here's a picture of Sudeep, Punith, and Ashish. Each morning I teach Sudeep and Punith from 9:00 to 1:00 math, reading, music, and English while the other children are at school.



Last Friday on my day off, I went into the city with some girls volunteering at the orphanage across the street. I bought some souvenirs for my family at a little shop on Commercial Street (with good discounts because the girls knew the owner). I got all my Christmas shopping done!

Saturday evening George took me, Manju, Jedi, and our friends Sam and Mildred who are expecting a baby to a local mall. We had a wonderful Western dinner (I can't believe how much I missed beef) and enjoyed looking around.

Monday we had a going away party for Deepdi, a former volunteer who'll be in New York to study medical journalism. She promised I'll get to visit her sometime, and of course I invited her to Oklahoma!

Sometimes in the morning I go for a walk. I took this picture outside a pet shop. It sold all the usual pets and accessories, but didn't look anything like a pet store back home!



Tomorrow on my day off I'm going with some friends to Bannerghatta National Park to see a tiger safari, the zoo, and for hiking. I'm really excited!

Prayer Requests: For health and strength and God's grace to get through each day. Also, the house mom, Sudha, is praying that God will heal her of diabetes.

Until next time, keep praying and loving,
L.J. Popp

No comments: