Pages

Saturday, June 30, 2012

Some things God is teaching me

Just a quick blog to let you all know I'm alive and safe in India. Had a wonderful 26th birthday with the kids and a cake. I ordered food from a local restaurant for everyone and we had a wonderful feast!

Some things God is teaching me:

John 8:36 and Glacians 5:1. No longer slave to sin and the law: “If the son sets you free, you will be free indeed!” “It is for freedom that Christ has set us free. Stand firm then, and do not let yourselves be burdened again by a yoke of slavery" (trying to save yourself by total obedience and good works). “The only thing that counts is faith expressing itself through love….You were running a good race. Who cut in on you and kept you from obeying the truth (that the law cannot save you)? That kind of persuasion does not come from the one who calls you…I am confident in the Lord that you will take no other view. The one who is throwing you into confusion will pay the penalty, whoever he may be.” So often, Satan, our peers, or our own doubts and fears constantly throw us into confusion. We need to stop listening to this negativity.

"Shalom" is more than just "peace" as it is often translated. It also means "well being" and "blessing." When the Jewish people greet each other “shalom,” they’re really talking about all of God’s blessings on their life: family, work, faith, etc. Even though Jesus spoke Aramaic, this "shalom" was what he would have meant when he said, “Peace be with you” and "my peace I give to you."

Perfect love casts out fear, because fear expects judgment. Love expects God’s peace and blessing. Through Christ, I can expect this in all areas of my life, not just salvation! Praise God!

Prayer Requests: George and Manju are interviewing for more staff to expand their Beyond Barriers Ministry. Pray that they find the right people for the job. Also, for my health, which has been ailing lately. Please pray that God will heal my whole body! Thanks for all your warm thoughts, kind words, and sincere prayers.

Lots of Love from India!
L.J. Popp

No comments: